Wardrobe Tips for your Family Portrait Session
– Be cautious with trends. These can cause a picture to become dated very quickly.
– Stick to solids and wear minimal patterns.
– Wear colors that blend well with the setting and season of your portrait session.
– Choose complimentary colors with each other and choose a common neutral color as your base.
– Choose clothes that fit appropriately and not too tight or loose.
– Avoid clothes with words, logos and photos.
– Ensure that everyone’s shoes and socks coordinate and are polished.
– Be conscious of parts of your body that might make you uncomfortable.
– Make sure all articles of clothing are ironed and are lint free.
Hair & Makeup
As part of your session fee, a professional makeup artist will be available to you in the studio on the day of your portraits. The following are a few helpful tips in preparing for your special day:
To achieve the most natural and beautiful photos:
– Don’t wear too much makeup, especially eye shadow.
– Don’t try to cover acne with lots of makeup as it can easily be removed from the photos.
– Do wear a light foundation and powder to reduce shine.
– Do cut your hair no later than a week prior to your session.
– Do tan with caution! Tanning can make skin look unnatural and shiny.
– Do make sure your nails are neat and neutral (either painted or not – no chipping and no loud nails).
If you have any questions about coordinating your outfits for your session, please feel free to call, text or email me.
studio | 165 Mitchells Chance, Edgewater, MD 21037
cell | 410.353.1717
email | email@example.com